Translate to a different language

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Open Wide

The neat and tidy robin’s nest with four perfect eggs nestled deep within came alive today. I heard it before I saw it. Desperate cries creating a sweet chorus. While the mother bird flew back and forth with food for those hungry mouths I got closer to inspect the new arrivals.


I couldn't help but notice how they craned their little necks high in the air and with all their might threw hungry mouths wide open.


 Wide Open.


How silly it looked but how practically it touched my heart.

“Open your wide your mouth and I will fill it”

He can’t fill a closed mouth. It’s the truth. There is an abundance of provision for each day-are we ready for it? The only way to be ready for all that Grace is to open your heart…not just a crack but wide open like these little birds. Sometimes we’re fearful to open wide because we don’t completely trust Him. We’re afraid that he’ll place something in our mouths that we might choke on…or maybe it wont taste good.

The best way to overcome this fear is to open your heart and close your eyes. 


You’ll soon find out He is a good Father and always delivers the best.




2 comments:

  1. When we take this position...we shall never be disappointed. Father, teach us to walk by Faith and not by sight...For thou Oh Lord are a shield about me, and the lifter of my head...These pictures will stay on my mind for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet encouragement, Whitney!

    Thank you for the illustrations, too. I especially like the one with the "Father" bird. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...